For 15 + years, working with local communities to co-create global solutions in Asia, Africa, Latin America and the USA, the ongoing quest for what works, what's broken and opportunities for change is at the foundation of Empowerment WORKS' mission as a think-tank in action.
While seeking additional ideas from you, and developing new case studies with community partners, here are links to our early research, and examples of 'learning while doing':
Melanie St.James - Monterey Institute of International Studies, Capstone Thesis, 2000
7SS Case Study on Mercy Corps in Nepal & Timor-LesteEW ONGOING 7SS CASE STUDIES / ACTION RESEARCH:
- 2010 - Ghana - Kabissa (NGO) "Capacity Building Symposium/Local Summit 2012"
PAST 7SS CASE STUDIES / EW PROGRAMS SINCE 2001:
- 2007 - Kenya, East Africa - Amani Children's Center - Youth Entrepreneur Micro-grant
- 2006 - Suriname, South America - Micro-grants for Social Entrepreneurs
- 2001-2007 - Senegal, West Africa - Casamance Institute of Arts & Sciences, EW Music
* Click here to see EW fiscally sponsored projects (new case studies in development).
Your participation is vital to advance the 7 Stages to Sustainability (7SS) knowledge base and other global collaboration tools.
What are you learning re. asset based community development?
Do you have a 7SS Case Study / Example to share with us?